1. furniture delivery
2. venetian mask delivery - see below
3. ceramic knobs & handles delivery - see below
4. general terms & conditions for all products - see below
1. furniture delivery
Delivery times for our furniture ranges vary. Some items are held in stock in our warehouse or showroom whilst others are manufactured to order. The following are the normal delivery times for each range:
Copenhagen Oak Range 4-6 weeks
Studio Oak Range 4-6 weeks
Contemporary Oak 3-6 weeks
All French Oak Ranges 4-6 weeks
Farmhouse & Nordic Oak 2-4 weeks
Traditional Oak 4 - 8 weeks
Engish Oak 8-10 weeks
Indian ranges 2-4 weeks
Mahogany Range 12-16 weeks
Pine ranges approx. 4 weeks
Rustic & Reclaimed oak approx. 4 weeks
Please place your order on the basis of the above timings. If there is likely to be a delay in these times then we will contact you prior to processing your order and deducting any money from your card.
You will receive an e-mailed acknowledgement of your order. After your order has been processed you will receive an invoice with your receipt as an order confirmation and advice of the expected delivery date. This will give you an approximate 2 week period in which to expect your delivery. Deliveries are carried out during the working day/week usually via courier service.
Furniture delivery prices are calculated on a sliding scale relating to the value of the total order: Orders over £1001 are delivered free / £50 to £1000 = £35
Note: Mirrors can only be sent as part of a larger order due to risk of breakage.
Orders can also be collected from our showroom - please contact us to arrange this and we will remove the delivery charge.
We offer a highly cost-effective and discounted delivery service which, consequently, does have some restrictions which we ask you to consider:
delivery details - important
Our courier will collect your order from Terrigena and contact you by phone to confirm the day that your goods will be delivered the following week. We will send an e-mail to all internet customers to confirm that the goods are in the hands of the courier. Delivery times will usually be between 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Please note that they are unable to offer much flexibility over delivery day because areas are covered on specific days depending on the routes to be covered that week.
You can normally expect at least 2 days notice of the delivery day. Although a fixed time of day cannot be provided you can ask the driver to contact you an hour or so before they are due to arrive ~ this may help to avoid waiting around all day! The goods, or at least the packaging, need to be checked and signed for. In the unlikely case of fault or damage please register this with the driver who will liaise with us. If there is no-one available to accept an arranged delivery, and the goods have to be returned to Terrigena, then unfortunately the customer will incurr a 2nd delivery charge. Terrigena would then contact the customer to discuss alternative arrangements.
standard = one person delivery
Our standard furniture delivery service is via a one-person courier working alone with a trolley who will deliver to your door and then to a ground floor room if required. In order to be helpful we offer to place your furniture in the downstairs room of your choice but, due to insurance & ldamage liability restrictions, cannot take furniture to an upstairs or cellar room. Some large, bulky and heavy items such as tables, beds, wardrobes, sideboards, bookcases etc will require at least two people to carry and manoeuvre safely ~ please make sure you are in a position to provide adequate assistance otherwise you will need to ask us for a 2 man delivery.
Please tell us when you place the order if you live in a flat with lifts or stairs, or if access is particularly difficult, as the courier will need to be prepared for this. If you forsee problems with this or any other aspect of the delivery please notify us immediately
two person delivery
Where a delivery charge is applicable, for an extra £30 we can provide a 2-person delivery. In extreme cases we will notify you if an item is so heavy or bulky that more than 2 people may be needed. In this case you will need to be laying on the extra pairs of hands
Successful delivery assumes that safe & legal access to the roadside or house is available for a large 7.5 ton or even 18 ton vehicle. Access to, and through, the house must be safe & clear and of adequate size for your order. It is essential therefore that you check the dimension and size of the goods you have ordered and make sure that each piece can be carried in safely, unobstructed, through passages, doorways, stairwells, landings etc on the way through. If the courier has a failed delivery attempt for any of the above reasons, and the goods have to be returned to Terrigena, then the customer will incurr a 2nd delivery charge. Terrigena would then contact the customer to discuss alternative arrangments.
Most of our furniture is made to order, especially for you, from the factory. The lead time provided is an estimate based on our own experience and we will endeavour to deliver the goods to you within this time, within the UK. However, we will not be responsible for unexpected manufacturing or transport delays or any losses, costs, damages or charges you may suffer if we delay, or fail, in supplying you. You will have paid in full for the goods prior to delivery. At the point of delivery you will be required to sign for acceptance of the goods and thereby take full pocession and sole responsibility for them.
pricing (see also point 4:2 below)
All items offered for sale through our website are priced in pounds sterling and are inclusive of VAT at 20%. Prices exclude postage & packaging & carriage - this is shown separately, where applicable, and is to UK mainland addresses only. We will advise of any charges for delivery to non-UK mainland addresses as necessary.
2. Venetian Mask Delivery
Delivery Prices are £3.95 for each order via Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery. Our usual pick-up day is Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Please send us an e-mail request (or phone us) if you want to upgrade to Royal Mail Special Delivery for next working day before 1pm @ £7.50, or Saturday Special Delivery @ £9.50.
Because we are open over the week-end our offices are normally closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Therefore we will dispatch any week-end orders on Monday morning. Orders received after 12 noon on Sunday will be posted on Wednesday. If a mask is temporarily out of stock delivery may take longer depending on availability ~ you will be contacted by 'phone or e-mail if any delay is expected.
Delivery Overseas - Goods will be dispatched via Airmail using the Royal Mail Airsure Delivery Service. Please allow 3-5 working days for delivery - goods must be signed for on receipt. Shipping cost to Europe = £9.50, shipping cost to rest of world = £15.50. we will change your order form manually and confirm new total with you before dispatch
3. Ceramic Knobs & Handles Delivery
Delivery is via the Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery service which is usually delivered within 2-3 working days delivery and a signature for proof of receipt is required. Because we are open over the week-end our offices are normally closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Therefore we will dispatch any week-end orders on Monday morning. Orders received after 12 noon on Sunday will be posted on Wednesday. If goods ordered are temporarily out of stock delivery may take longer depending on availability ~ you will be contacted by 'phone or e-mail if any delay is expected.
Delivery Overseas -Goods will be dispatched via Airmail using the Royal Mail Airsure Delivery Service. Please allow 3-5 working days for delivery - goods must be signed for on receipt. Shipping cost to Europe = £11.50 (£15.50 if large box) shipping cost to rest of world = £15.50. we will change your order form manually and confirm new total with you before dispatch
4. General Terms & Conditions (for all products)
4:1 Intellectual Property
This site is owned and operated by Terrigena (also referred to in these Terms as "we" and "us") and the information and materials appearing on the website (the "Content" ) are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only All software used on the Website and all Content included on it (including, without limitation, Website design, text, graphics, audio and video, and the selection and arrangement of the Content) is the property of us or our suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws.
None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. Except that you may download one copy of extracts from the Website on any single computer for personal, non-commercial, home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are intact.
You are prohibited from modifying any of the Content or using any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out in these Terms (including, without limitation, on any other website or computer network).
The price listed on the website for our product at the time of your order will apply to your purchase. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any manufacturing, supplier or transport increases, changes in currency exchange rates or inflation, or if the price shown on the website is wrong due to error or omission. We accept payment with Visa, Mastercard, debitcard, cheques or cash. Special Offers apply whilst stocks last. The price shown includes VAT.
4:3 shortage or damage
All deliveries must be checked and counted upon delivery and checked against the delivery note. Any shortages, faults or damage (chips, dents, scratches, tears, soiling etc) must be indicated on the delivery note, and/or reported immediately to Terrigena. Any claim in respect of the above should be made by telephone or e-mail to Terrigena within 72 hours of the delivery: tel~01604 696030/ e-mail ~ firstname.lastname@example.org. Goods delivered damaged or faulty will be replaced by Terrigena. Where goods are unreplaceable we will offer a repair, credit note, refund, or offer alternative goods to the customer. We will not be responsible for damage not reported. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Under the Distance Selling Regulations, if you buy online or by phone without first viewing the goods, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one in writing (letter, fax, e-mail) within 7 working days of receipt. This refund includes any original delivery charge we made, but excludes: personalised, made-to-measure products or items ordered especially for you.
Please return the COMPLETE ORDER to:
Terrigena, Old Granary, Rural Shopping Yard, Castle Ashby, Northants. NN7 1LF
and we will process a refund for original purchase price and delivery cost you paid. Please allow up to 28 days for us to process this refund. Ordinarily we'll refund the original debit, credit or charge card used to purchase.
Return Postage: Unfortunately we cannot refund the cost you incurr for the return of the goods. The item must be returned to us safely within 7 days in the same condition as it was delivered to you i.e. in the original packaging, new, unused, unmarked etc.
Alternatively, if you wish to have the return items collected by us we will be happy to provide a quote. Any item showing signs of damage wear & tear or mishandling will not be accepted by us. Please note: the cooling off return period does not apply to goods purchased via our shops or showrooms or after having viewed the goods already.
For purchases made directly from our shop we cannot give a credit or refund for any goods ordered in error by the customer. We do not offer a 'try before you buy' service and reserve the right not to supply goods and to cancel an order if it is understood that it is the intention of the customer to return items in the order. No credit or refund will be given for any goods damaged due to incorrect handling or storage or due to any misuse by the customer.
4:5 Colour and finish variation
Every reasonable effort is made to ensure colour and finish consitency but our products are hand finished and ceramic, fabric, leather and wood colours/stains and dyes vary among batches. Wood products will exhibit natural variation in colour and grain. We advise that you purchase multiple items in a range at the same time as they will be made in one batch which will ensure the best colour match.
The Indian Ranges of furniture in particular have a rustic appearance and feel. They are manufactured using traditional hand skills and will contain blemishes such as small surface cracks, knots, splits and holes which will not affect the structural integrity oif the furniture. These will usually be sanded, filled and stained for optimum visual effect. The simple quality of this solid furniture is reflected in the low prices.
4:6 Information & Specifications
All descriptions, drawings, pictures, colours and specifications are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the products.
4:7 special customised orders
Special Orders for items to be made specifically to your own specification cannot be cancelled once production of the item has begun, which is the day we accept your order. The 7 day return 'cooling off' period does not apply to Special customised orders. Your statutory rights are not affected.
1. Bedfordshire (Bedford, Luton, Dunstable, Leighton Buzzard, Biggleswade, Sandy)
2. Berkshire (Reading, Bracknell, Maidenhead, Newbury, Windsor, Wokingham, Abingdon)
3. Buckinghamshire (Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Slough, Buckingham, High Wycombe)
4. Cambridgeshire (Cambridge, Wisbech, Ely, March, Whittlesey, Chatteris, Linton)
5. Cheshire (Chester, Stockport, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Runcorn, Macclesfield, Crewe)
6. Cornwall (Bodmin, Truro, Camborne, Redruth, St. Austell, Falmouth, Penzance, Newquay)
7. Cumberland (Carlisle, Whitehaven, Workington, Penrith, Keswick, Brampton)
8. Derbyshire (Derby, Chesterfield, Ilkeston, Swadlincote, Buxton, Matlock, Ashbourne)
9. Devon (Exeter, Plymouth, Torquay, Paignton, Barnstaple, Tiverton, Newton Abbot, Tavistock)
10. Dorset (Dorchester, Poole, Weymouth, Sherborne, Wimborne Minster, Shaftesbury)
11. Durham (Durham, Sunderland, Stockton-on-Tees, Darlington, Hartlepool, Gateshead, Washington)
12. Essex (Chelmsford, Basildon, Romford, Southend, Colcheter, Harlow, Brentwood, West Ham)
13. Gloucestershire (Gloucester, Bristol, Cheltenham, Stroud, Cirencester, Tewkesbury)
14. Hampshire (Winchester, Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Basingstoke, Newport)
15. Herefordshire (Hereford, Ross-on-Wye, Leominster, Ledbury, Bromyard, Kington)
16. Hertfordshire (Hertford, Watford, St. Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Hatfield)
17. Huntingdonshire (Huntingdon, St. Ives, St. Neots, Ramsey, Yaxley)
18. Kent (Maidstone, Canterbury, Bromley, Rochester, Margate, Folkestone, Dover, Greenwich)
19. Lancashire (Lancaster, Liverpool, Manchester, Preston, Bolton, Warrington, Barrow-in-Furness)
20. Leicestershire (Leicester, Loughborough, Hinckley, Melton Mowbray, Coalville, Lutterworth)
21. Lincolnshire (Lincoln, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Boston, Grantham, Stamford, Skegness, Louth)
22. Middlesex (City of London, Harrow, Enfield, Staines, Ealing, Potters Bar, Westminster )
23. Norfolk (Norwich, Great Yarmouth, King's Lynn, Dereham, Cromer, Hunstanton)
24. Northamptonshire (Northampton, Peterborough, Corby, Kettering, Wellingborough)
25. Northumberland (Alnwick, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Morpeth, Hexham, Berwick-upon-Tweed)
26. Nottinghamshire (Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark, Retford, Southwell)
27. Oxfordshire (Oxford, Banbury, Witney, Bicester, Henley-on-Thames, Carterton, Thame)
28. Rutland (Oakham, Uppingham. Cottesmore)
29. Shropshire (Shrewsbury, Telford, Oswestry, Bridgnorth, Whitchurch, Market Drayton, Ludlow)
30. Somerset (Taunton, Bath, Weston-super-Mare, Yeovil, Bridgwater, Wells, Glastonbury)
31. Staffordshire (Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Cannock, Lichfield)
32. Suffolk (Ipswich, Bury St. Edmunds, Lowestoft, Felixstowe, Sudbury, Haverhill, Bungay)
33. Surrey (Guildford, Croydon, Woking, Sutton, Kingston-on-Thames, Wandsworth, Wimbledon, Brixton)
34. Sussex (Chichester, Brighton, Worthing, Crawley, Hastings, Eastbourne, Bognor Regis, Horsham)
35. Warwickshire (Warwick, Birmingham, Coventry, Nuneaton, Rugby, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon)
36. Westmorland (Appleby, Kendal, Windermere, Ambleside, Kirkby Lonsdale)
37. Wiltshire (Trowbridge, Salisbury, Swindon, Chippenham, Devizes, Marlborough, Warminster)
38. Worcestershire (Worcester, Dudley, Kidderminster, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Malvern, Evesham)
North Riding (Northallerton, Middlesbrough, Scarborough, Whitby)
East Riding (Beverley, Hull, Bridlington, Driffield, Hornsea, Filey)
West Riding (Wakefield, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Halifax, Harrogate)
York (within the Walls)
WALES (including Monmouthshire)
40. Anglesey/Sir Fon (Beaumaris, Holyhead, Llangefni, Amlwch, Menai Bridge)
41. Brecknockshire/Sir Frycheiniog (Brecon, Builth Wells, Hay-on-Wye, Talgarth, Llanwrtwd Wells)
42. Caernarfonshire/Sir Gaernarfon (Caernarfon, Bangor, Llandudno, Conwy, Pwllheli, Porthmadog)
43. Carmarthenshire/Sir Gaerfyrddin (Carmarthen, Llanelli, Ammanford, Llandovery, Kidwelly, St. Clears)
44. Cardiganshire/Ceredigion (Cardigan, Aberystwyth, Lampeter, New Quay, Tregaron)
45. Denbighshire/Sir Ddinbych (Denbigh, Wrexham, Ruthin, Abergele, Llangollen)
46. Flintshire/Sir Fflint (Mold, Flint, Rhyl, Prestatyn, Connah's Quay, Holywell, Buckley, St. Asaph)
47. Glamorgan/Morgannwg (Cardiff, Swansea, Merthyr Tydfil, Barry, Caerphilly, Bridgend, Neath, Pontypridd)
48. Merioneth/Meirionnydd (Dolgellau, Bala, Tywyn, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Barmouth, Harlech)
49. Monmouthshire/Sir Fynwy (Monmouth, Newport, Blackwood, Cwmbran, Abergavenny, Chepstow, Tredegar)
50. Montgomeryshire/Sir Drefaldwyn (Montgomery, Newtown, Welshpool, Machynlleth, Llanidloes)
51. Pembrokeshire/Sir Benfro (Pembroke, Milford Haven, Haverfordwest, Fishguard, Tenby, St. David's)
52. Radnorshire/Sir Faesyfed (Presteigne, Llandrindod Wells, Knighton, Rhayader, New Radnor)
53. Aberdeenshire (Aberdeen, Peterhead, Fraserburgh, Inverurie, Huntley, Ellon, Turriff)
54. Angus/Forfarshire (Forfar, Dundee, Arbroath, Brechin, Montrose, Carnoustie, Kirriemuir)
55. Argyllshire (Inveraray, Oban, Dunoon, Campbeltown, Lochgilphead, Tobermory)
56. Ayrshire (Ayr, Kilmarnock, Irvine, Saltcoats, Kilwinning, Largs, Troon, Cumnock)
57. Banffshire (Banff, Buckie, Keith, Macduff, Portsoy, Dufftown)
58. Berwickshire (Greenlaw, Duns, Eyemouth, Lauder, Coldstream)
59. Buteshire (Rothesay, Millport, Brodick, Lochranza)
60. Cromartyshire (Cromarty, Ullapool)
61. Caithness (Wick, Thurso, Halkirk, Castletown)
62. Clackmannanshire (Clackmannan, Alloa, Tillicoultry, Tullibody)
63. Dumfriesshire (Dumfries, Annan, Lockerbie, Moffat, Sanquhar, Langholm, Gretna)
64. Dunbartonshire/Dumbartonshire (Dumbarton, Clydebank, Cumbernauld, Helensburgh, Alexandria, Kirkintilloch)
65. East Lothian/Haddingtonshire (Haddington, North Berwick, Dunbar, Tranent, East Linton)
66. Fife (Cupar, Dunfermline, Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy, St. Andrews, Cowdenbeath, Burntisland)
67. Inverness-shire (Inverness, Fort William, Kingussie, Newtonmore, Portree) - we will quote 68. Kincardineshire (Stonehaven, Banchory, Laurencekirk, Inverbervie)
69. Kinross-shire (Kinross, Milnathort)
70. Kirkcudbrightshire (Kircudbright, Castle Douglas, Dalbeattie, New Galloway)
71. Lanarkshire (Lanark, Glasgow, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Motherwell, Coatbridge, Carluke)
72. Midlothian/Edinburghshire (Edinburgh, Musselburgh, Penicuik, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg)
73. Morayshire (Elgin, Forres, Rothes, Lossiemouth, Fochabers)
74. Nairnshire (Nairn, Auldearn, Cawdor, Ferness)
76. Peeblesshire (Peebles, Innerleithen, West Linton)
77. Perthshire (Perth, Crieff, Pitlochry, Callander, Blairgowrie, Rattray, Coupar Angus, Kincardine)
78. Renfrewshire (Renfrew, Paisley, Greenock, Johnstone, Port Glasgow, Barrhead, Kilmalcolm)
79. Ross-shire (Dingwall, Stornaway, Tain, Alness, Invergorden)
80. Roxburghshire (Jedburgh, Hawick, Kelso, Melrose, Roxburgh)
81. Selkirkshire (Selkirk, Clovenfords, Galashiels)
82. Shetland (Lerwick, Scalloway, Baltasound) - we will quote for delivery
83. Stirlingshire (Stirling, Falkirk, Grangemouth, Kilsyth, Bridge of Allan, Denny, Alva)
84. Sutherland (Dornoch, Helmsdale, Brora, Golspie, Lairg, Durness, Tongue)
85. West Lothian/Linlithgowshire (Linlithgow, Livingston, Bo'ness, Broxburn, Whitburn, Armadale, Bathgate)
86. Wigtownshire (Wigtown, Stranraer, Newton Stewart, Whithorn)